- Open Access
Erratum to: Evolution of prokaryotic SPFH proteins
© Hinderhofer et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2009
- Received: 22 January 2009
- Accepted: 28 January 2009
- Published: 28 January 2009
The original article was published in BMC Evolutionary Biology 2009 9:10
After publication of this manuscript , we became aware that two citations that cover the prokaryotic SPFH1 proteins (here called paraslipins (SPFH1a) and eoslipins (SPFH1b))  and the association of these SPFH1 proteins with NfeD proteins  which had been included in earlier versions of the manuscript had erroneously gotten lost during the corrections performed in the reviewing process.
We regret any inconvenience that these omissions might have caused and thank Prof. J.P.W. Young for bringing this matter to our attention.
- Hinderhofer M, Walker CA, Friemel A, Stuermer CAO, Moeller HM, Reuter A: Evolution of prokaryotic SPFH proteins. BMC Evolutionary Biology. 2009, 9: 10-10.1186/1471-2148-9-10.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Green JB, Young JPW: Slipins: ancient origin, duplication and diversification of the stomatin protein family. BMC Evolutionary Biology. 2008, 8: 44-10.1186/1471-2148-8-44.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Green JB, Fricke B, Chetty MC, von During M, Preston GF, Steward GW: Eucaryotic and prokaryotic stomatins: the proteolytic link. Blood Cells Molecules and Diseases. 2004, 32: 411-422. 10.1016/j.bcmd.2004.01.016.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.